MARC: Methods of Applied RadioChemistry
The main objective of the project is to familiarize students with basic radiochemical methods.
The project includes lab courses with introductory lectures.
The student is able to perform basic operations with open sources of radionuclides:
- Preparation of radioactive sources and radiochemicals
- Determination of radiochemical yields
- Radiochemical separations
- Radioanalytical techniques
Students can imply basic rules of radiation safety when handling open radioactive sources. They can apply methods of radiation detection and determination of uncertainties to real-life situations of radiochemical procedures.
Students at Master level
The activity is organised for students of all CHERNE partners
Students should express their interest and register not later than February 1st 2019.
Registered students will be given hand-outs of the intended experiments and some literature to prepare
- Travel expenses not covered
- Accommodation: approx. 25€ to 45€/night! Accommodation will be sponsored as much as possible.
- One social dinner sponsored
- Tuition covered