- ISIB (Isabelle Gerardy, Caroline Licour, Sophie Gachot)
- Uhasselt (Sonja Schreurs, Wouter Schroeyers)
- NTUA (Marios Anagnostakis)
- FHAachen (Frieder Hoyler,)
- UNIBO (Domiziano Mostacci)
The goal of the MERiBel course is to involve the students in radioactivity measurements in the environment. Both artificial and natural contaminations will be examined. While the activity itself will focus on the measurement techniques, the output will also be a better understanding of our radioactive environment and a better evaluation on what can be harmful and what has to be accepted.
Main objective of the project:
Familiarize students with many aspects of radioactive waste management in different contexts (laboratory, reuse, decontamination, transport, treatment and short and long term management, non nuclear waste monitoring, critical reflections …)